Inviting nomination of officers from Group A Services for Central Deputation under Central Staffing Scheme-2017
|RAJIV KUMAR |
& Additional Secretary
Tel : 23092370
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
NORTH BLOCK NEW DELHI-110001
Dated: 22nd December, 2016
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing to invite nominations of officers for appointment on deputation to posts under the Central Staffing Scheme (CSS) for the year 2017. The detailed guidelines for nominating suitable officers are given in Appendix-I. I would request that the guidelinwa are strictly adhered to, while forwarding the applications of officers.
2. While forwarding names of officers, you may also like to take note of the fact that about 30% of the posts under the CSS are of the rank of Joint Secretary and above, and the remaining 70% of the posts are at the level of Director/Deputy Secretary i.e. the Middle Management level. The list that you forward, to this Office, should comprise the names of officers at different levels, so that officers at varying levels get appropriate exposure under the Government of India.
3. Considerable processes are gone through before an officer is appointed under the CSS. However, very often, the Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) withdraw the names of officers from offer atalater stage. This results in undue delay in the placement of officers under the CSS. Therefore, you are earnestly requested to ensure that an officer, once placed on the offer list, continues to be available for consideration throughout the year.
4. The Government of India has been following a policy of debarring an officer for five years, if, he failstojoin the post under the CSS either on personal grounds or the refusal of the Cadre to relievehim.It may be noted that withdrawal of the name of an officer after a panel has been recommended by the Civil Services Board results in debarment for five years. As per instructions contained in letter No. 14/1/98-FA(UN), dated 26.2.1998 and in letter No.1/1/2003-FAS, dated 8.5.2003 of the DoPT, an officer who is debarred from being taken on deputation to a post under the CSS is also to be debarred from being given Cadre Clearance for foreign assignments/consultancies abroad during the period of debarment. Therefore nomination of officers debarred from central deputation may not be forwarded for appointment to posts under the CSS till the period of debarment is over.
5. I would request you to pay particular attention to the following points, while forwarding the namesofofficers for appointment, under the CSS:-
(i) Sufficient names of women and SC and ST Officers may be sponsored so that adequate representation can be provided to them on posts under the Central Staffing Scheme.
(ii) Officers whose names are offered should have completed the necessary 'cooling off'.
(iii) The APARs completed up to 31.03.2016 are sent simultaneously as it will be difficult to retain the namesofofficers with incomplete APARs.
6. An officer being nominated should be willing to serve anywhere in India; preference of an officer for a particular station(s) on account of personal reasons, if any, may be explicitly indicated. The Officers should also indicate three preferences for Departments/Ministries where they would like to work under the Central Staffing Scheme. However, actual appointments will be subject to availability of posts and the suitability of officers for the posts.
7. the online application form for applying for the Central Staffing Scheme for the year 2017 is available on the Ministry's website, httb://www.persmin.qov.in . The format of the application form is enclosed. Annexure I of the form along with photograph needs to be filled online by the officer. Annexure II, Ill and IV have to be filled online by the Nodal Officer designated for this purpose by the CCA and forwarded online to DoPT.
8. Only those applications that have been validated electronically by the Nodal Officers will be accepted for retention. All the Nodal Officers may be requested to ensure that details in Annexure-I to IV are duly filled in and complete in all respects. In case of change of the existing Nodal Officer, details along with e-mail I.D. of the Nodal Officer may be intimated to this Office.
9. It is observed that the applications of officers, who have applied for the CSS, are often forwarded for some other posts without consulting 0/o the Establishment Officer. It is, therefore, requested that the names of officers forwarded for retention under CSS may not be recommended for any other posts without consulting this Division.
10. The extant Rules relating to the CSS permit officers in th'higher pay scale in their parent cadres to come on deputation under CSS in lower pay scale. Extant Rules and guidelines regarding fixation of pay under Central Staffing Scheme would apply. Officers retained at Deputy Secretary level may get the benefit of pay fixation at higher level on grant of NFSG in their cadres & may be redesignated as Director on completing 14 years of service as on 1 stJuly of that year.
11. The names of officers nominated for Joint Secretary level for CSS may kindly be sent to Deputy Secretary (SM) and those for Deputy Secretary/Director level may be sent to Director (MM) in EO Division. I would request you to forward the names keeping in view the above mentioned requirements, by 31 stJanuary, 2017. Given the procedural delays in receiving offers from the CCAs and consequential delays in finalizing the 'Offer List' for the year 2017, we presume your concurrence in operating the 'Offer List' of 2016 till 31.03.2017.